|"Another One Down"|
|Airdate|| August 14, 2011 (Original)|
March 16, 2012 (Remastered)
The camera zooms in on Claire & Gates, who are seen spying near Blue base. Claire questions if there has been any movement. Gates, in return, answers 'yes' and that the Blues have all gathered inside the base. Confused, Claire questions why the Blues have gathered inside the base when they were all in guarding position only minutes ago. Gates states that they may be planning something; Claire agrees. Gates suggests that Claire & him get power weapons and make a surprise attack on the Blues. The two then leave their positions.
Inside Blue base, Icky leads Seal out of the base, in order for the Blue Team to talk. Once Seal is gone, Icky devises a plan that involves killing Seal. Dax, however, stops him and states that they all must find a way to help Seal instead. Dax suggests letting Seal use the Hornet to give him a better chance of escape, but Legend turns down his opinion, feeling that helping Seal will only lead to their demise. Dax & Legend then get into a heated argument about Seal & the Covenant in general, which eventually leads to Legend revealing his involvement in the Great War. He explains to Dax that the Covenant killed his comrades and friends during battle. He sees them as ruthless, evil monsters.
Despite his story, Dax still decides to go with Seal, saying he always wanted to fight for something important, which is the reason he joined the army. Legend gives up and tells Dax to go live his fantasy. Feeling no support from his team, Dax sadly leaves. Jason then suddenly tells Dax that he is going with him, stating he also wants to fight for something important. The two leave the base, leaving only Legend and Icky inside the base to ponder over their two departing team members.
- The episode title is a reference to the Trocadero song "Another One Down" used in the machinima Red vs. Blue.
- The title also foreshadows events in the episode; specifically the departure of Dax & Jason (Dax leaving is "one member down" for the Blue Team and Jason leaving is "another member down". This leaves the Blue Team with only two soldiers left).
- It is revealed that Legend did indeed fight in the Great War and the reason why he hates aliens is because Covenant forces killed his fellow comrades during the Great War.
- Dax also reveals his reasons for joining the army: to fight for something with similar importance to the Great War.
- This episode was featured in the fifth episode of the web series "The Other Ones", created by Josh KG.
Differences between Original version and Remastered versionEdit
|Running Time: 5:14||Running Time: 7:00|
|Contains music: "Rally (Sarge's Speech)"||Contains music: "Majestic Hills", "The Pyre"|
|Does not include Legend, Seal, or Jason||Includes Legend, Seal, and Jason|
|Dax wields a Battle Rifle||Dax wields an Assault Rifle|
|Video resolution up to 720p||Video resolution up to 480p|
|Original dialogue/footage||New/added dialogue/footage|